Sunday, December 8, 2013

Interview with T. R. Horne, author of Breaking Mobius


Breaking Möbius

T.R. Horne

Book Blurb

ONE GOOD DECISION…

Leaving behind an abusive father and emotionally scarred mother, Mali Struthers catches a bus to freedom. Atlanta University is the perfect place to discover her inner strength and special talents that lead her to a future she never imagined outside her father’s walls. Still learning to love herself, Mali must push past her own doubts to realize she deserves everything she’s worked for, even the love of a man seemingly out of reach.

…CAN CREATE A BAD DECISION

As a star football player, Justice Bradford juggles his high profile relationship and aggressive groupies but with his best friend’s constant lure of temptation, he struggles to remain focused. He has the world at his fingertips until his plans are shattered by deception. Fighting depression, he’s re-routed on a dangerous path of self-destruction until, by chance, he finds a light in the darkness that makes him second guess his vow. When Justice is faced with his new reality, will he get his life back on track before he loses it all?

…AND INCITE REVENGE.

 One of the hottest video models on the scene, Nicole Bunn is the epitome of a strong, focused business woman. Concentrating only on her money and the men that can supply her expensive lifestyle, Nicole runs from her own hurts scared to love anyone other than herself. Tired of waiting to marry into fortune, Nicole turns a chance meeting into a whirlwind of sex, lies and obsession that is bound to threaten her livelihood. Through a trail of lies and addiction, Nicole sees her love of money fracture so many lives, including her own. When Nicole is forced to choose between her love of money or a chance at true love, what will she decide?


T. R. Horne interviews with The Most Happy Reader



MHR:  Tell us about yourself and background...

TRH:  Well, wow, let’s see what’s interesting about me? I started writing poetry when I was only 9 or 10 years old. Then I started writing a journal about my daily thoughts about life when I was around age twelve. My poems were a lot like short stories, so I started writing my own little stories (in poetic form mostly) in my journal. I started really writing more when I shared it with friends and they were really interested. My first short story was an email story to my family, chapter by chapter. I never finished it to this day. (laughs) And trust me, my family doesn’t let me forget it because I tapped out after the climax and left it without an ending. When I was young, I didn’t realize that the ending was just as important as the climax. Now, I write because it’s a way for me to live in a fantasy world and escape from the mundane. I read because I love being swept into someone’s world and walking away with some type of emotional connection. Weird, huh?

MHR:  Do you write to an idea or plot? Or do you prefer to see where the idea takes you?

TRH:  You know, I really love to write from the heart. I start a book with a single thought and let it bloom organically. I use thought bubbles later in the story to make sure I’m pacing properly (marking the characters highs/lows and timeline the events so it’s authentic). I also do a bit of research for topics I know nothing about. For instance, in Breaking Mobius, one of the main characters lived in Washington. I’d never stepped foot in Washington but I researched areas, looked at pictures and got an overall feel for the place to sell it to the readers. To be perfectly honest, my plots usually come from dreams or other people’s experiences. The things that happen in Breaking Mobius have really happened to people and it’s a little scary once you think about it!

MHR:  Are you reading at the moment? If so, what?

TRH:  I am constantly reading! I like reviewing other people’s work because I love giving props to people that put hard work into their books. I mostly read indie authors because they have a refreshing tone to their stories and it’s unpredictable whether you will like it, love it or hate it. So that gives me excitement to start reading a book from a person I’ve never heard of. Currently, I am reading and reviewing four books: Jordan’s Brains by J. Michel (zombie novel with great reviews), A Madaris Bride for Christmas by Brenda Jackson (well-known romance writer), Subfrenzy by Kimberlee Jane (BDSM – my first), The Weight of a Feather and Other Stories by Judy Croome (compilation of short stories). If you want to follow along with me, friend and follow my Goodreads page under T.R. Horne.

MHR:  For your own reading, do you prefer E-books or paperback/hardcover?

TRH:  This question has been the source of many discussions on Twitter, Facebook and with friends. I think all versions serve a particular purpose for me personally. E-books are good when I am on the go and want to read. Therefore, I don’t like reading novels on e-books and try to stick to short stories and novellas. Paperback is my all-time favorite method of reading. It’s bendable, easy to throw in a purse, doesn’t hurt my eyes and is much lighter on my wrist for lengthy reading. Now, hardcover books are for my special collection. If I loved the book, I buy the hardcover and keep it on my shelf for friends and family to ooohhh and aaahhhh over. (laughs) The hardcovers are too heavy to read and the dust jacket always jacks up while I read but I love the shelf appeal. So the easy answer is…it depends on what I’m reading and what the book is for.

MHR:  Any last thoughts?

Special thanks to The Most Happy Reader for having such a warm welcome to your blog! I enjoyed answering your questions and filtering through the site at all the cool things you have on here. And thanks to my old and new fans that venture out to read Breaking Mobius…I know you won’t be sorry you picked it up! You can always add me on Twitter and Facebook @AuthorTRHorne to keep in touch with what’s going on with me and the book. I accept everyone so don’t be shy to send a request, okay? Also, check out what I’m reading and what I’m reviewing at www.ragingbookreviews.wordpress.com and if you’re an indie author and want a review, contact yoshimabooks@gmail.com.

Thanks again, The Most Happy Reader! Remember my mantra, friends…Get the book. Read the book. Rate the book. Start all over! ;0)

Thank you for such a wonderful, engaging and revealing interview.  I am so glad you stopped by The Most Happy Reader and look forward to having you again on the 21st of December when I post my review and open the giveaway you have so graciously extended to my readers.  So, Remember to check back 12/21!

Author Bio

T.R. Horne is a freelance relationship columnist, entrepreneur and author. She graduated with a Bachelor's in Communication Studies and Master's in Education with honors. Normally, she calls Atlanta, Georgia home but travels around the world with her family. She hopes to finish her doctorate degree in the next few years. She fancies murder mysteries, thrillers, romantic suspense and erotica stories but is addicted to bad reality television. T.R. Horne lives near Yokohama, Japan with her husband, son and dog.

Links

Author Website:  www.trhorne.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to share your thoughts!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...