Thursday, September 26, 2013

Wow! A Liebster!




I am so surprised and thrilled to be nominated for a Liebster Award for The Most Happy Reader.

So what is a Liebster?


Thanks, to Lorriane Reguly's super informative blog post... now I know!  Thank you Lorriane for all the work that went into that post!  Please visit her lovely poetry blog Poetry Perfected and so your thanks as well.

So, here we go:

The Official Rules of “The Liebster Award”

If you have been nominated for The Liebster Award AND YOU CHOOSE TO ACCEPT IT, write a blog post about the Liebster award in which you:

1.  Thank the person who nominated you, and post a link to their blog on your blog.
2.  Display the award on your blog.
3.  Answer 10 questions about yourself.  These should be provided to you by the person who nominated you, but hey maybe they didn't know!
4.  Provide 10 random facts about yourself.
5.  Nominate 5+ blogs that you feel deserve the award, which have a less than 1000 followers.
6.  List these rules in your post.

Once you have written your post, and published it, you then have to:

7.  Inform the people/blogs that they have been nominated for the Liebster award and provide a link to them to your post so that they can learn about the award (they might not have ever heard of it)!  Also, make sure to send them some random questions and request 10 personal facts.

The idea behind The Liebster is to recognize your favorite new bloggers and help promote them.  At its root it is a compliment you pay forward!!



So first and foremost let me thank Jazmen @thisgirlreadsalot for the nomination.  I was totally and completely shocked and so honored you made my month!!



Now the questions, Jazmen didn't send me these, and I think she either wanted to spare me or just didn't know "the rules" or better yet... doesn't play by them.  Anyway, here are my 10 random 10 questions to myself...

1. How many days could you last in solitary confinement? How would you do it?  Forever, I'm an only child so it seems much of life was solitary confinement. I would need books, TV and Internet access.

2. Do you save old greeting cards and letters? Throw them away?  I keep them.  After my darling granddaddy passed away in 1982, when I was 11, I realized I didn't have any possession to cherish simply because of the sentiment we shared together that a simple piece of paper represented.  I never wanted to yearn to see a signature again and have never made that same mistake.    

3. What’s something that amazes you?  The natural world around me and the historical architecture mankind has left behind.

4. Who performs the most random acts of kindness out of everyone you know?  Luckily for me it is Kevin, my oldest friend and the love of my life.

5. Which animals scare you most? Why?  Birds, they hate me.

6. If you could eliminate one weakness or limitation in your life, what would it be?  Lack of confidence and that inner yearning for a love that will never be.

7.  If you could restore one broken relationship, which would it be?  My relationship with my mother.

8. If you had to change your first name, what would you change it to? Olivia, Star-lily, Grace, Eleanor... I'm sure I could go on forever.

9. How difficult is it for you to forgive someone who refuses to apologize?  Impossible.  I feel you must own your mistakes and truly own them. Without that where can two people find any common ground to move forward?

10. When do you find yourself singing?  CONSTANTLY!!

TEN Random Facts about moi:
1.  I went to five high schools and not because my parents moved.
2.  Both my parents are alive but none of us speak - I am their only child.
3.  I NEVER pass on a dare.
4.  I adore black - why wear anything else.
5.  My current boyfriend was the boy who gave me my first kiss - at summer camp - circa 1979.
6.  I love Duran Duran, still.  I have traveled the world to see them in concert... probably over 100 times.
7.  I was the first person in my family to graduate from college.
8.  I love to be alone which is often misconstrued by others.
9.  I know the lyrics to every song on the radio.  I've won lots of money from folks who didn't believe I could sing every word to the next ten that came on... even if they changed the station.
10. I have dark eyes, almost black.  Perhaps that is what first attracted me to Anne Boleyn.

And my nominee's are:

Melissa J @ Confessions of an Avid Reader

Josie Ikeda  @ All Booked Up

Sarah Docherty @ A Geek's Bookshelf

Remember to pay the Liebster forward and make another bloggers day!


3 comments:

  1. Wow on the lyrics fact! You should go be on that game show... can't remember the name... but its contestants finish the lyrics to songs. You'd be a shoo-in! =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. No Kidding! My luck, a cousin worked on that show... "Don't Forget the Lyrics"

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for my Liebster! Post is up here http://ageeksbookshelf.blogspot.co.uk/2013/09/a-liebster-blog-award.html

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to share your thoughts!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...